USPS First Class Letter Meter Cost
While the USPS® rate for a First-Class letter is $0.49, metered clients receive a slightly lower rate at $0.485.
The USPS postage discount is applies to all First-Class letters that are no heavier than 3.5 ounces for metered mail. The $0.485 cent rate is automatically applied any time your office makes use of a Postage Meter, PC Postage or Permit Imprint.
Tips on How to Lower Postage Rates and Get Discounts
- Priority Mail Express® – Saves you as much as 54% off retail rates on every type of Priority Mail Express shipments.
- Priority Mail® – Save up to 49% of retail rates on all Priority Mail shipments, depending on weight and distance.
- First Class Package Service – Save up to 25% off retail rates on all First Class Parcels.
- International Shipping – Save up to 13% on Priority Mail International shipments, up to 13% for Priority Mail Express International and up to 10% on First Class Package International Service.
- We also offer Commercial Plus pricing.
Bulk mail is the ideal way to save money on your office postage by doing things that save the postal service money.
The most popular kinds of bulk mail is known as “Standard Class”. (It was previously called “3rd Class mail”.) Most direct advertising mail and business newsletters are sent using Standard Class mail.
To use Standard Class mail, your letters must be identical, without any added or personal information. That means it is not permissible to write notes to your friends on various pieces. It also means you are not able to send bills, statements, and other related types of information using Standard Class.
If you send more than 500 invoices, bills, or similar kinds of mail at one time, you can get a small postage discount by using presorted First Class Mail.