Pitney Bowes SendPro C Auto Postage Meter Review
The Pitney Bowes SendPro C Auto is the latest all-in-one technology for sending and sorting physical mail. Yes, we may live in a “paperless” age, but traditional mail isn’t going anyplace any time soon.
Machines like the SendPro C Auto are an effort to acknowledge this while incorporating technology to automate manual processes and boost efficiency? Does it succeed? You’re about to find out.
Who Needs This?
Before going into the individual performance of this latest offering from Pitney Bowes, it’s important to analyze the target audience. Exactly who still needs this type of technology in a world of PDFs and email?
- Businesses with large traditional mail volumes: total mail volume for the United States Postal Service (USPS) is on the decline, slumping from 206.1 billion letters and packages in 2004. That said, there are still approximately 142.6 billion in circulation on an annual basis, and the dip has pretty well stabilized since 2014.
- Businesses that wish to save on shipping costs: Pitney Bowes has arranged it so that every First-Class letter goes out five cents cheaper than it would otherwise. Multiplied by the 120 letters sorted per minute the company boasts means a potential postage savings of $6 per minute.
- Businesses that wish to have more effective shipping reports: SendPro C Auto calculates sorted mail, shipping costs, and the weight of packages, from the touchscreen. It then leverages WiFi connectivity to capitalize on the growing Internet of Things (IoT) trend.
That’s who can benefit. Non-target companies would include those who never use traditional mail for anything or those who simply deal in too small volumes. Learn more here with some pre-buying questions.
Features and Design
To be frank, Pitney Bowes has thought of everything in taking this item beyond your traditional postage meter. Let’s look at a few ways they were able to pull it off while winning a 2018 International Design Award in the process.
- Color Touchscreen: weigh, view costs, get tracking information all from a single interface.
- Integrated scale: to ensure all packages, not just letters, are adequately covered and reach it to their destinations on time.
- Reporting: the IoT connectivity allows for enhanced data analytics, available in real-time, and provides further opportunities for application development for companies that need to customize what they’re getting from it, all accessible from the SendPro online shipping platform.
- Savings options: the First-Class mail savings are automatic while Priority Mail savings (as much as 40 percent) is available through USPS IMpb, an onboard labeling feature.
It all works as advertised. If you do run into any issues, Pitney Bowes has an online support system set up for 24/7 responses and an extensive directory for curveballs you may experience on occasion (i.e., poor print quality or unusual error codes).
Before You Buy the Pitney Bowes SendPro C Auto
The jury may be out on whether the Pitney Bowes SendPro C Auto tops the best postage meters of all-time list, but it has certainly made an impression in the short time it’s been on the market. Give it a try if you believe your organization is at the point where it could stand to benefit.
Good luck! If you’d like a free quote on what this type of technology will cost, contact us today.